dana-hat : the unit vector

Sunday, May 22, 2005

three days

Sunday.

sunday sunday sunday. I don't have everything packed, but I have things lined up. looks like I'm taking a hella-old and rather small checked suitcase and then a carry-on that's only a few "inches" smaller. I'm getting really excited. I'll leave home at around 5 am on Wednesday morning.

On a completely unrelated note, I've been playing too much snood.

I think church filled my head with too much talk of heaven and hell. Typical evangelical stuff, although I never really considered Nazarenes to be "evangelical" even though they most definitely are. Nice little Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. Good ol' John Wesley. At least he makes more sense than John Calvin, I suppose. Sure entire sanctification is weird, but at least he's not predestining people to hell.

Uh. this doesn't have much to do with Morocco. I think I explained my Moroccan fears before.

Pertaining to morocco, though. Do you know how hard it is to explain why you want to go to Morocco, an Islamic country, to learn Arabic, to all of your older (like at least 60+ years) church friends. One guy asked me "So, you gonna be a missionary?" -- he isn't one of my old people.

I think that's enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home