dana-hat : the unit vector

Saturday, May 21, 2005

four days.

Went looking for a cell phone today. That really didn't go over very well. Whatever. I guess I don't care again today. I think there are some things I need to get over this summer. I don't want to and therefore don't think I will. But, in the words of Bob,

everyting gonna be alright

I really don't know what to expect of my Moroccan roommate. I mentioned before I hope she's not a smoker. But I have no idea what to expect. And it makes me wonder what she expects of an american roommate. I hope I'm not a dissapointment, because I doubt I can be construed as a "typical american" I mean, I'm not too worried about us getting along, because I can stand anything for two months, right? But is she expecting a stupid American that knows no arabic? (because I got that down) Or will she expect a hardcore liberal or conservative? (ha.ha.ha.) or a drunk? (and we all know how much of a drunk i am)

I wonder how much of a practicing Muslim she will be? At all? strict? All Hijab-ified? How much enlish will we speak? Maybe that's what bothers me most. I'm on an english speaking campus, but how much English will I be expected/allowed/want to speak? I think that was part of my problems with Russian. I got so frustrated because (a. i didn't really care that much, but) I didn't have anyone to practice and speak with, except the people in my class. And honestly, I didn't like them much.

I hope that I am not a dissapointment. Because although I love my music, moodyness and americanism, I suppose not everyone does.

ev'ry ting gon be a'right.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home