dana-hat : the unit vector

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

tuesday.

Today was the first real day of class and we already had homework due. Yesterday we wanted to go to Azrou to shop, but it was too late and we would not be albe to get back by seven thirty for the Welcome Dinner. (which, by the way, if you like moroccan food- was splendid. honestly, I think Moroccan food is okay. I haven't jumped on the "Everything is WONDERFUL" food bandwagon yet.) Anyway, we walked downtown to Ifrane to the Marshe instead, which was fun. But today six of us, including Abdilla, a Moroccan student went over to Azrou. It was really fun. Three guys, three girls and the taxi driver shoved into the taxi on the 20~ish minute trip.

Before we really left, the driver stopped to get petrol, took the key out of the car without turning the car off, got out and began putting gasoline inside of the car. That was the most scared I've been since being in Morocco. I was sure that the car was going to EXPLODE! not only because he was fueling the car while it was running, but also because there were FIRE EXTENIGUISHERS right next to the pumps. wtf?

On the way down, we stopped at a roadside stop where there were a few shops, a couple of monkeys and a splendid view. Yeah, you read that right. Monkeys. I saw monkeys. Not only that, one climbed in the taxi while we were out and then almost attacked me. Everyone seemed to go crazy-go-buy-stuff in Azrou. Everyone but me. However, I am pleased to announce that I now have Moroccan music! Actually, I think I bought Berber music. It's pretty good you guys. And Abdella said he'd give us Moroccan Pop. So, I'm pretty happy right now.

We know 13 of the 28 arabic letters... at least, i think i do. I have 3/4 of my first name. however, nun will probably be the second to last letter we cover.

I went running this morning. The first time out in Morocco, and on the track here at the university. I'm not quite sure if I was going the right direction. I mean, I thought I was going the "standard" direction, but then these two old guys were going the other way. But no one said anything, so whatever. I think I'll go tomorrow as well. and increase the milage.

My professors are really super nice. I wish that I could stop yawning through class, because I'm not bored at all, just sleepy I suppose. and five hours is a LONG time. even when they give us a "coffee break" Today I had Peach Juice. The first time I had the orange juice, I was blown away. Fresh squeezed oranges-- even if they weren't it might as well have been. and Moroccan oranges at that. which are 500 times better than american oranges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home